PEEK polyether ether ketone was developed by the British ICI (British Imperial Chemical Industry Group) company in the late 1970s. Because of its excellent physical and chemical comprehensive properties such as good mechanical strength, chemical corrosion resistance, radiation resistance and high temperature resistance, it has been widely used in the nuclear industry, chemical industry, electronic appliances, mechanical instruments, automobile industry and aerospace fields.
PEEK polyetheretherketone is a special engineering plastic with excellent properties such as high temperature resistance, self-lubrication, easy processing and high mechanical strength. It can be manufactured and processed into various mechanical parts, such as automobile gears, oil screens, shift start disk; Aircraft engine parts, automatic washing machine runners, medical equipment parts, etc.
1. High heat resistance. PEEK can be used for a long time at 250 °C, the instantaneous use temperature can reach 300 °C, and it hardly decomposes in a short time at 400 °C.
2. Excellent mechanical properties and dimensional stability. PEEK can maintain high strength at high temperature, the flexural strength at 200°C can still reach 24 MPa, and the flexural strength and compressive strength at 250°C can reach 12 to 13 MPa. member. PEEK has high rigidity, good dimensional stability and low coefficient of linear expansion, which is very close to metal aluminum. In addition, PEEK also has good creep resistance, can withstand great stress during the service life, and will not cause significant extension due to the extension of time.
3. Excellent chemical resistance. PEEK resists most chemicals well, even at high temperatures, with corrosion resistance similar to nickel steel. Under normal circumstances, the only thing that can dissolve PEEK is concentrated sulfuric acid.
4. Good hydrolysis resistance. PEEK resists chemical damage from water or high-pressure water vapor. Under the conditions of high temperature and high pressure, PEEK components can work continuously in water environment and still maintain good mechanical properties. Such as continuous immersion in water at 100 ° C for 200 days, the strength remains almost unchanged.
5. Good flame retardant performance. PEEK is rated UL 94 V-0, self-extinguishing, and emits less smoke and toxic gases under flame conditions.
6. Good electrical performance. PEEK maintains electrical properties over a wide frequency and temperature range.
7. Strong radiation resistance. PEEK has a very stable chemical structure, and PEEK parts can work well under high doses of ionizing radiation.
8. Good toughness. Fatigue resistance to alternating stress is the best of all plastics and is comparable to alloys.
9. Excellent friction and wear resistance. It can maintain high wear resistance and low friction coefficient at 250℃.
10. Good processing performance. PEEK is easy to extrude and inject, and has high molding efficiency.